Welcome to my obsession, this is my blog to showcase my sports memorabilia collection. All the autographs are 'in-person' which makes it more interesting! Some great NHL'ers are from our area and come 'home' in the spring. Feel free to use this site for reference for your autographs. I am not an expert but all my stuff is "in-person" so it can be a great reference point. And please drop me a comment!

My YouTube Channel

I always have my video camera on, have a look at my YouTube Channel. Click Here for some interesting sports stories and videos. Mike Babcock Day videos in there! Just added, Johnny Bower Videos!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Flames Islanders GAME DAY

Third period seats were not that good, could not see anything. Just hanging out behind the bench. I woke up this morning and really had no idea what the score was!




Approx 400 pics in the gallery to be uploaded in the next day or two!

The Islanders were getting on the bus when I got them so I told my wife this would be one last shot for the Flames. We drove to the hotel to see a bus in front, of course. We walked over and Cory Sarich was chatting with someone, I motioned for a picture with him and he said in a minute. I walked over to Adam Pardy and he signed my puck, asked him how camp was and he said, "Good". Cory was finishing up and walked over to me. I said he had signed for me before so I wanted a picture. He agreed happily and I asked him how I can get into his local golf tournament next year. He told me how to do it and we discussed the details for about 5minutes. As White, Backlund, Sutter, Kronwall and a few others walked on the bus behind me. That hurt, but I was chatting with a great local guy, Stanley Cup Champ (that hurts a little) and that will benefit me next summer when I am in his tournament. My wife walked over to Glencross and chatted for a bit where he signed her jersey for her. I called Curtis's name and he walked over. This will be a white on yellow for the retro jersey. After chasing them all day with no sign, it was nice to get them finally.

TOP L-R Adam Pardy, Zenon Konopk, Rick DiPietro
Bottom L-R John Tavares, Nino Niederreiter, Ian White
My silver sharpie failed so some of the pucks did not sign well. I caught most of the Islanders at the hotel. In fact, I asked Konopk to redo the puck and he did making it thicker. Cool guy! The DiPietro puck was also signed at the hotel. I walked back in to look for JT and saw where the guys were waiting. When three players walked towards me, the third one was JT. When I got to Tavares, I asked very politely and he stopped. The silver was not working well so I would not risk it. I got it signed in black sharpie so it would look better. I do not regret it one bit. I caught him in the hotel walking and caught him off guard. He signed and we chatted for a bit, I just asked him questions.
The Niederreiter puck was signed after the Isls practice.
Conroy was the target at the game, I knew 110% he would sign it, he's just that type of guy. Our seats were on the other side but headed down behind the bench. After the warm-up Conroy skated off and signed for people. I draped my jersey over and he signed right away. I mentioned my petition worked we got him back for 1 more year and he laughed. I thanked him and took it back to the vehicle. Some of the other guys signed for people but I was not worried about them, got who I wanted. I paid $16 for this jersey on eBay.


No comments: