Welcome to my obsession, this is my blog to showcase my sports memorabilia collection. All the autographs are 'in-person' which makes it more interesting! Some great NHL'ers are from our area and come 'home' in the spring. Feel free to use this site for reference for your autographs. I am not an expert but all my stuff is "in-person" so it can be a great reference point. And please drop me a comment!

My YouTube Channel

I always have my video camera on, have a look at my YouTube Channel. Click Here for some interesting sports stories and videos. Mike Babcock Day videos in there! Just added, Johnny Bower Videos!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

No Sakic Yet, But Two Blades


Today brought a very interesting day. In the morning we had a visit from our local WHL Team, the Saskatoon Blades. A very strong team, currently top 5 in the CHL. Mike Green's junior team, yah they're pretty good. This is where Brayden Schenn was traded to at the deadline last month. The kids were hoping Schenn would be one of the players but we were treated with two top notch talents. Chris Collins and Darian Dziurzynski spoke to the kids about drugs and making healthy choices. Players from the WHL have traveled to BC to speak with drug addicts and take the message back to their communities. I managed to snag a couple of autographs as they were leaving the building and they were more than happy to sign a few pucks. Collins even asked if the Flyers were my favorite team, I laughed and showed the retro side of the puck and said that was all I could find. The Blades should make a run at the Memorial Cup this year, so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Now, we looked for Joe Sakic tonight with no luck. Will try again tomorrow night, wish me luck!

No comments: