Welcome to my obsession, this is my blog to showcase my sports memorabilia collection. All the autographs are 'in-person' which makes it more interesting! Some great NHL'ers are from our area and come 'home' in the spring. Feel free to use this site for reference for your autographs. I am not an expert but all my stuff is "in-person" so it can be a great reference point. And please drop me a comment!

My YouTube Channel

I always have my video camera on, have a look at my YouTube Channel. Click Here for some interesting sports stories and videos. Mike Babcock Day videos in there! Just added, Johnny Bower Videos!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

RIP Bob Probert





I was very saddened to hear Bob Probert passed away on the weekend. He was feared throughout the NHL and it was no secret he had his demons. I have met Bob a two occasions but really was impressed during our last meeting in February. Bob came out on the ice to skate with people before the Oldtimers game along with Gary Leeman and Jimmy Mann. He appeared rough, but very nice to the kids and others. I asked Gary to show my wife how to skate backwards and he called Probert over to show her how to do it with picks. He checked her picks and then Probert and Leeman took about 1 lap showing her the proper technique. A few things came to mind even when we met Probert, he made sure every person on the ice had an autograph, scanning the ice almost doing a checklist in his head of who got something signed. He was admiring a few autographs on black helmets and gloves with silver sharpies. Bob asked me to use my silver sharpie and gave it back to me after, what was I going to do argue? He signed a Red Wings puck for me and got a picture with him, then after, I asked him if we could get silly, and he knew what I wanted. So to the Probert family, he was a heck of a nice person and our sincerest sympathy to your family.

No comments: