Welcome to my obsession, this is my blog to showcase my sports memorabilia collection. All the autographs are 'in-person' which makes it more interesting! Some great NHL'ers are from our area and come 'home' in the spring. Feel free to use this site for reference for your autographs. I am not an expert but all my stuff is "in-person" so it can be a great reference point. And please drop me a comment!

My YouTube Channel

I always have my video camera on, have a look at my YouTube Channel. Click Here for some interesting sports stories and videos. Mike Babcock Day videos in there! Just added, Johnny Bower Videos!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Remember Autograph Karma? Colby Armstrong IP










MORE IMAGES IN MY IMAGE GALLERY
Our town's TSN Kraft Day was this afternoon. Dan O Toole and Jay Onrait taped a live broadcast of Sports Centre during the 2010 Kraft Celebration Tour at our local regional park. People voted and our pool won a $25,000 upgrade from Kraft and TSN taped Sports Centre from the park. There were at least 1000 people at the park to take in the presentation of the cheque along with numerous activities for kids. The park is about 1 block from our house so we walked down and noticed the TSN tent. Man, I have the coolest wife, she looks over and says, "Look, there's Colby."
Sure enough, Colby Armstrong was standing at the tent. As I panned the tent, Riley Armstrong, Logan and Shay Stephenson (they're from here and their dad is our mayor Bob Stephenson (7 games with the Hartford Whalers in 1979), Logan Pyett and a few others I did not recognize. I walked over to Colby and said, "Hi".
Colby recognized me right away and asked what I was doing here. He asked if I was from here and I said I actually teach in town. I told him I wanted to get him on a Leafs jersey but did not have a #20 but had a white #9. He laughed as I said I would be right back, I ran up the hill, about a 6* incline for 50 meters and grabbed my #9. I made my way back down and Colby signed it for me. I asked him to personalize it as usual, just adds to it I think. I missed him on a Leafs jersey in July but got him on his new #9.
The broadcast began and the Onreit and O Toole involved the crowd for most of the show. I had a hunch Colby might come for this but forgot. He was at our local Folkfest last weekend and Colby actually said he played with junior with Shay Stephenson so the families are good friends. He said Bob had asked him to come down and have some fun, sign some autographs and catch up with some old friends. I chatted with Colby about the Leafs, Toronto and steak. Follow him on Twitter, 'armdog'
One of the best, people, one of the best...Yikes, GO LEAFS GO!

No comments: