Welcome to my obsession, this is my blog to showcase my sports memorabilia collection. All the autographs are 'in-person' which makes it more interesting! Some great NHL'ers are from our area and come 'home' in the spring. Feel free to use this site for reference for your autographs. I am not an expert but all my stuff is "in-person" so it can be a great reference point. And please drop me a comment!

My YouTube Channel

I always have my video camera on, have a look at my YouTube Channel. Click Here for some interesting sports stories and videos. Mike Babcock Day videos in there! Just added, Johnny Bower Videos!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Only in Canada

I had a plan about my Johnny Bower jersey. I called Frozen Pond yesterday and asked if I could get a #1 signed by Bower and out it on my 'fake' Bower jersey. I explained my situation and asked of they knew of the www.johnnybower.net site. They looked it up and it was not on the internet anymore. I knew that and assumed that helped with my question about the authenticity of the jersey (see below). The worker looked at the jersey from this blog and said it did look funny. He did say though, Bower signs almost every weekend so why would someone fake it when its actually an easy graph to get. Plus, the person sent a $150 jersey back for $35...Anyway, he took a copy of my jersey from this blog and said he will ask Bower if he knew of the site and if he can tell if that was his signature. Cool...I did not care about the $35 but really wanted to know if it was legit, this should help and for $30, I can replace if not.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Good idea. Bower is usually appearing somewhere. Although, his auto is great to have, it's not rare. And why anyone would set up a fake website to forge it, is beyond me. I hope your dilemma gets resolved.