Welcome to my obsession, this is my blog to showcase my sports memorabilia collection. All the autographs are 'in-person' which makes it more interesting! Some great NHL'ers are from our area and come 'home' in the spring. Feel free to use this site for reference for your autographs. I am not an expert but all my stuff is "in-person" so it can be a great reference point. And please drop me a comment!

My YouTube Channel

I always have my video camera on, have a look at my YouTube Channel. Click Here for some interesting sports stories and videos. Mike Babcock Day videos in there! Just added, Johnny Bower Videos!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gene Makowsky Signed CFL Football and Rider Jersey







This time of year is usually -40 with the wind and yes there are snow banks as high as my deck. But you can also count on our trusty Saskatchewan Roughriders to attend community events all over Saskatchewan. Today, Gene Makowsky, Grey Cup Champ 2007, made an appearance at a cattle booth to sign autographs. Gene is from Saskatoon and is a trained teacher with a B.Ed Degree, the same as me. He subs in the off season and is a real pleasure to chat with. I went to high school and university with Gene, never spoke to him but there was some 800 students at my high school. I mentioned to him a few years ago that we went to high school and university and both are teachers. No longer was the conversation about the CFL football but school dynamics. I got a football signed by Geno and a few other Riders three weeks ago and he remembered the meeting. I do always mention the teaching thing and he it triggers his memory. Today was not different, he called me by name and we chatted again about teaching and he signed my jersey and football. I am not crazy about where he signed it but oh well. Gene is a great guy and it's always neat to chat with him.
Now I hope you finish reading this blog entry, April 9, we're having supper with Gretzky, Walter Gretzky.

No comments: