Welcome to my obsession, this is my blog to showcase my sports memorabilia collection. All the autographs are 'in-person' which makes it more interesting! Some great NHL'ers are from our area and come 'home' in the spring. Feel free to use this site for reference for your autographs. I am not an expert but all my stuff is "in-person" so it can be a great reference point. And please drop me a comment!

My YouTube Channel

I always have my video camera on, have a look at my YouTube Channel. Click Here for some interesting sports stories and videos. Mike Babcock Day videos in there! Just added, Johnny Bower Videos!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Johnny Bower and the Rocket



Johnny Bower told this one about The Rocket.
He was with the New York Rangers when this happened. He commented that the fans in New York were nasty and would throw anything that was not nailed down at the players. The night the Rangers were playing the Habs, Rocket scored the first goal. Rocket looked at Johnny and said, "Hey Bower, thank you for #1."
Now, remember, Mr. Bower was telling this story and was repeating it with a French accent. Rocket scored the second goal of the game and sure enough skated by Bower and said, "Hey Bower, thank you for #2." Bower said at this time, he was a little mad at the situation. He yelled back at Rocket, "Hey Richard, what are you going to say next?"
Rocket laughed and said, "Thank you for #3, of course."
Bower said within a few minutes, Rocket raced in and Bower said he had the post hugged tight, shifted his weight just a little and Rocket got his third goal of the night. Bower said there was not very much to see, let alone get a puck through and Rocket did just that. The Ranger fans started throwing garbage on the ice and Rocket skated by Bower and said...You guessed it, Rocket said. "Hey Bower, thank you for #3!"

No comments: